[Kde-kiosk] Building kiosktool on Debian: checking for libXext... no

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Feb 14 09:59:05 CET 2006

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 06:19, Don Robertson wrote:
> I am trying to build Kiosktool on a Debian 3.1r0a, but I am getting an
> error in the configure script. I would like to know what the requirements
> are to build this thing.

KioskTool has no requirements that differ from, say, kdelibs or kdebase.

Even if you have a precompiled KDE it might help to check the requirements for
building it from source and/or download kdelibs and try to configure it. No
need to actually compile, just configure.

> I have seen a post about installing XFree86-devel, but do not seem to have
> it on my Debian DVD's. (or xserver-xfree86-dev
>
> So where is libXext... ?

Is Debian still using XFree86 and not X.org? Also, does config.log give any
clues on why it can't find libXext?