[Kde-kiosk] CDROM icon

Michael Mariani and Kay Giles marianigiles at gmail.com
Sun Aug 27 05:34:19 CEST 2006

I am stumped by this behavior using kiosktool under Red Hat WS4, KDE.

I have 1 account in addition to superuser, visitor.

I log in as root and run kiosktool to create profile, which is also called
visitor.  I assigned the visitor profile to visitor account and then
re-login as visitor.  The desktop contains a CDROM icon (nothing in CD
drive)  and the trash can.  I used Control Center to make sure all device
icons are displaying, but it is still there.  I go back to root account and
un-assign the kiosktool profile, then re-login as visitor and the icon is
gone!  When I re-assign the profile from kiosktool and try again, the icon
re-appears!  AAaaRrrgghh!  Why does the icon show up only when kiosktool is
assigned to visitor and how can I remove it?

I have also tried to remove the trash can icon, with not success.  Anybody
know how to permanently remove it from the desktop?

Thanks!