[Kde-kiosk] Lost

No One no-one at phreaker.net
Fri Oct 28 01:12:42 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 15:52 -0500, Casey King wrote:

> The problem I am having, and have been working to bypass, that since
> this is a system wide (all profile) setting, it also removes it for when
> I log under KDE as root.

What you should do is create a group.  For example, I use "restricted"
as the group.  Any of the users I want to be restricted get assigned to
that group.  In Kiosktool I configure a restrictive profile that only
applies the the group "restricted".  This way when I log in as the
public user I get the restrictions, but when I log in as, say, "admin"
there are no restrictions.  You can also set Kiosktool to only apply it
to certain users.

BTW, you shouldn't log in KDE as root.  That's what "sudo" is for.