[Kde-kiosk] Lost

Casey King cking at lovebox.com
Fri Oct 28 20:49:01 CEST 2005

Okay,

I created a group "restricted," and added the user I want to restrict to
that group.  Logged into KDE as you mentioned...smarter, thanks for
mentioning that. Opened KioskTools, and created a GROUP POLICY
"restricted."
Then I created a profile "restricted" and setup this profile as I want.
Now when I log in as "shop" (the uid I want to restrict, which has been
added to the restricted group in the USERS AND GROUPS) the settings have
not been applied.  Have I missed a step?

In a previous Kiosk setup within KioskTools, I had setup individual user
"shop", and then assigned an individual User policy 'shop' and the
settings worked, but the problem was it extended beyond the shop user
and 'infected' any other user also.