[Kde-kiosk] Lost

Casey King cking at lovebox.com
Thu Oct 27 22:52:29 CEST 2005

I did some looking in the archives and I do see what you are saying.  I
found it in this post

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-kiosk&m=112674143809771&w=2

I have gone ahead and removed /etc/xdg/menus/kde-applications.menu
Actually just renamed it, just in case.

The problem I am having, and have been working to bypass, that since
this is a system wide (all profile) setting, it also removes it for when
I log under KDE as root.  Now, I am able to use the run command which is
fine and I can get around.  I also have others I can log into GNOME, and
do what I need.  Reading the post, I figure if I setup a 'root' profile
and not delete anything in the KDE menu options, I should be able to see
all options even after renaming the kde-applications.menu file.  No such
luck.  I have moved on from that search for a little bit, as I try to
finish tweaking the user I set out to manage.

Thanks for your reply, and I am sure you will hear from frequently as I
am developing an understanding of this software