[Kde-kiosk] Trouble w. KDEDIRS on KDE 3.4.3

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Wed Oct 26 09:31:11 CEST 2005

Erik Forsberg <forsberg at cendio.se> writes:

> Hmm.. It looks like KDE first reads my profile directory, then reads
> configuration from /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings, which is part
> of the package 'kubuntu-default-settings'. I think I'm approaching the
> core of the problem here.
>
> I'll be back when I know more.

Aha. I have now found the path of enlightenment.

In kiosktool, under "assign profiles", there is a profile listed that
is to be used for users that don't have any profile assigned.

It seems like KDE on my kubuntu box is applying first the profile from
KDEDIRS, and then the profile listed as standard profile in
kiosktool. This makes for a confusing mix of settings.

How can I change the profile used when no profile is assigned? The
field doesn't seem to be editable from what I can see.

I'd like there to be a setting named "don't use any profile for users
that don't have a profile assigned", but I have to admit that I
haven't thought about all possible problems that may occur.

\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Cendio AB                    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00