[Kde-kiosk] Trouble w. KDEDIRS on KDE 3.4.3

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Wed Oct 26 08:58:44 CEST 2005

Martijn Klingens <klingens at kde.org> writes:

> On Tuesday 25 October 2005 15:43, Erik Forsberg wrote:
> > > If you strace program startup, does it try to open files from your
> > > profile? Does it try to read $KDEDIRS at all?
> >
> > If I do a strace when running konqueror, it does read from my profiles
> > directory.
> >
> > This is indeed weird.
>
> Do those reads succeed or do you hit permission or other problems?

Not from what I can see.

Also, I'll have to revise my problem description. After some further
testing, it turns out that only parts of the settings set with
kiosktool has problems. Most notably, the background settings doesn't
seem to "take", but other settings, such as restrictions on "run"
command etc. do work.

Hmm.. It looks like KDE first reads my profile directory, then reads
configuration from /usr/share/kubuntu-default-settings, which is part
of the package 'kubuntu-default-settings'. I think I'm approaching the
core of the problem here.

I'll be back when I know more.

\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                OpenSource-based Thin Client Technology
Cendio AB                    Phone: +46-13-21 46 00