[Kde-kiosk] Trouble w. KDEDIRS on KDE 3.4.3

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Oct 26 11:14:33 CEST 2005

On Wednesday 26 October 2005 09:31, Erik Forsberg wrote:
> It seems like KDE on my kubuntu box is applying first the profile from
> KDEDIRS, and then the profile listed as standard profile in
> kiosktool. This makes for a confusing mix of settings.

That's correct and not Kubuntu-specific.

The order is $KDEDIRS - profile - $KDEHOME. Processing stops for any given
value as soon as it's locked down with [$i].

> How can I change the profile used when no profile is assigned? The
> field doesn't seem to be editable from what I can see.

Not sure. If Waldo had internet again I'd have asked him :/

Can you change the files of the default profile on disk manually?

> I'd like there to be a setting named "don't use any profile for users
> that don't have a profile assigned", but I have to admit that I
> haven't thought about all possible problems that may occur.

That can simply be achieved by emptying the default profile. Just remove all
files. (Do back them up in case you want to revert though ;-) )