[Kde-kiosk] KioskTool on x86_64 Suse9

Michael Manke manke-m at stegl-zehl.verwalt-berlin.de
Fri Nov 25 15:11:39 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2005 16:19 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
> On Thursday 24 of November 2005 13:07, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 November 2005 12:27, Michael Manke wrote:
> > > Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2005 10:49 schrieb Martijn Klingens:
> > > An other problem on SLES9 SP2 (AMD64) is, that a new windows of
> > > applications are not activ , not on top. I must click on it in the
> > > taskbar (or in the visuable part of the new application behind other
> > > windows) to bring them in front. It does not depends from settings in
> > > my KDE.
> >
> > This sounds like a problem with KWin's focus stealing prevention. CC-ing
> > Lubos, hopefully he knows more about this.
>
>  The setting for this feature is in Alt+F3/Configure window
> behaviour/Advanced/Focus stealing prevention level . Disabling the feature
> should avoid this problem. Note that SLES9 includes KDE 3.2.1, which is
> already quite old and the problem may be fixed with a newer KDE version.

It works fine. I only added in my restricted KIOSK profile the configuration
file .../share/config/kwinrc and changed in group [Windows] the line
FocusStealingPreventionLevel[$i]=0 .
Thanks from hundreds of users that they now can use KDE easy.

Thanks,

Michael Manke
IT15
Bezirksamt Steglitz-Zehlendorf von Berlin
Schloßstr. 80
12154 Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 90299 3260
Fax.: +49 30 90299 3988