[Kde-kiosk] KioskTool on x86_64 Suse9

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Nov 24 16:19:57 CET 2005

On Thursday 24 of November 2005 13:07, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 12:27, Michael Manke wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2005 10:49 schrieb Martijn Klingens:
> > An other problem on SLES9 SP2 (AMD64) is, that a new windows of
> > applications are not activ , not on top. I must click on it in the
> > taskbar (or in the visuable part of the new application behind other
> > windows) to bring them in front. It does not depends from settings in my
> > KDE.
>
> This sounds like a problem with KWin's focus stealing prevention. CC-ing
> Lubos, hopefully he knows more about this.

 The setting for this feature is in Alt+F3/Configure window
behaviour/Advanced/Focus stealing prevention level . Disabling the feature
should avoid this problem. Note that SLES9 includes KDE 3.2.1, which is
already quite old and the problem may be fixed with a newer KDE version.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org