[Kde-kiosk] KioskTool on x86_64 Suse9

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Nov 25 15:44:38 CET 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 15:11, Michael Manke wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2005 16:19 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
> > >
> > > This sounds like a problem with KWin's focus stealing prevention.
> > > CC-ing Lubos, hopefully he knows more about this.
> >
> >  The setting for this feature is in Alt+F3/Configure window
> > behaviour/Advanced/Focus stealing prevention level . Disabling the
> > feature should avoid this problem. Note that SLES9 includes KDE 3.2.1,
> > which is already quite old and the problem may be fixed with a newer KDE
> > version.
>
> It works fine. I only added in my restricted KIOSK profile the
> configuration file .../share/config/kwinrc and changed in group [Windows]
> the line FocusStealingPreventionLevel[$i]=0 .
> Thanks from hundreds of users that they now can use KDE easy.

 Note that many people find the feature rather useful (well, or rather, they
used to complain a lot about the lack of it :) ), and since it was new in
KDE3.2 it still had some rough edges there. When you upgrade to a newer KDE
version one day you might want to consider reenabling it (or at least not
lock the setting for it).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer