[Kde-kiosk] KioskTool on x86_64 Suse9

Michael Manke manke-m at stegl-zehl.verwalt-berlin.de
Thu Nov 24 12:27:38 CET 2005

Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2005 10:49 schrieb Martijn Klingens:
> On Wednesday 23 November 2005 23:43, Lon Gilbert wrote:
> > I installed Novell's Linux Desktop v.9 sp2 and selected KDE. I was
> > pleased to see the KDE admin tool included. But when I try to make
> > changes to a profile I get a message "Could not make folder
> > fish://[user]@localhost/etc/kde-profile/kiosk/share" .  Where did "fish"
> > come from?
It's the same what I have on SLES9 SP2 (AMD64).

> That's the protocol that KioskTool uses to write its config files.
>
> Instead it could possibly be using sftp://, but that requires a running SSH
> daemon that may need to allow root logins. Fish:// AFAIK works over 'su'
> channels as well on the local host.
>
> Anyway, back to your problem, does [user] have the required permissions to
> create this folder?
KIOSK user is root, the configuration is the same on a second SLES9 (x86) and
there it works.

An other problem on SLES9 SP2 (AMD64) is, that a new windows of applications
are not activ , not on top. I must click on it in the taskbar (or in the
visuable part of the new application behind other windows) to bring them in
front. It does not depends from settings in my KDE.

Regards

Michael Manke
IT15
Bezirksamt Steglitz-Zehlendorf von Berlin
Schloßstr. 80
12154 Berlin
Tel.: +49 30 90299 3260
Fax.: +49 30 90299 3988