[Kde-kiosk] KioskTool on x86_64 Suse9

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Nov 24 10:49:45 CET 2005

On Wednesday 23 November 2005 23:43, Lon Gilbert wrote:
> I installed Novell's Linux Desktop v.9 sp2 and selected KDE. I was pleased
> to see the KDE admin tool included. But when I try to make changes to a
> profile I get a message "Could not make folder
> fish://[user]@localhost/etc/kde-profile/kiosk/share" .  Where did "fish"
> come from?

That's the protocol that KioskTool uses to write its config files.

Instead it could possibly be using sftp://, but that requires a running SSH
daemon that may need to allow root logins. Fish:// AFAIK works over 'su'
channels as well on the local host.

Anyway, back to your problem, does [user] have the required permissions to
create this folder?