[Kde-kiosk] how to force users to log into KDE (modify KDM menu)

Mr Wiggles astalavista.box.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 17:26:07 CEST 2005

I thought KDE was the window manager and KDM or XDM was just what
loaded the window manager and that kiosk was an app that loaded in KDE
(and thus you could use whatever you wanted to LOAD KDE as long as it
loaded KDE).  Because I am using XDM but once I enter my username and
password it loads KDE just like it did under KDM, or when using KDM
and switching to a failsafe or some other type of session.

The only reason I am using XDM is because someone on the novell suse
forums suggested switching to that to avoid giving users the session
type menu.

I mean if anyone can provide me with a method for forcing users to log
in to a kiosk session in KDE then im all for it, XDM KDM or SJ2eDM.