[Kde-kiosk] how to force users to log into KDE (modify KDM menu)

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Jun 21 16:52:46 CEST 2005

Mr Wiggles said:
> so how could I get kiosk to work in XDM?

You can't. Kiosk is a specific technology of the KDE libraries. In theory
it is possible for other applications to use a compatible configuration
system, at the moment there are no non-KDE applications that support this.

> I am guessing I am looking for an XDM config file that specifies the
> session type it loads when you log in and I need to change that to say
> startkde?

AFAIK there is no such config file in XDM, it just starts the XSession or
xinit script. Or so I remember, it's a long time since I last used XDM...

Anyway, if you really want to use XDM for whatever reason you'll need to
change the appropriate script to always load KDE.