[Kde-kiosk] disabling settings:/

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.info
Thu Jun 9 18:36:04 CEST 2005

Lon Gilbert wrote:
>Am I correct that the [KDE URL Restrictions] only apply to the Konqueror
>browser? I'm using Firefox in my kiosk and those restrictions in the
>kdeglobals don't seem to make a difference. I was trying to prevent
>listing files from within the browser.

No. The [KDE URL Restrictions] apply, as the name says, to KDE
applications. So, they aren't limited to Konqueror the browser, but they
affect other applications as well.

Firefox is not a KDE application. You should not use it or any non-KDE
application if you want your Kiosk restrictions respected. Firefox will
not respect any restriction, at all.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  thiago (AT) macieira (DOT) info
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:

4. And æfter se scieppend ingelogode, he wrát "cenn", ac eala! se
rihtendgesamnung andswarode "cenn: ne wát hú cennan 'eall'. Ástynt."