[Kde-kiosk] disabling settings:/

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Jun 9 17:31:05 CEST 2005

Lon Gilbert said:
> Am I correct that the [KDE URL Restrictions] only apply to the Konqueror
> browser? I'm using Firefox in my kiosk and those restrictions in the
> kdeglobals don't seem to make a difference. I was trying to prevent
> listing files from within the browser.

They apply to all applications that use the KDE libraries and IO system
(KIO). In practice this means all KDE applications (and not just
Konqueror), but nothing else, though it should be possible to integrate
Kiosk support in firefox. However, It won't be easy, as you have to
replace all of FF's IO with KIO calls and also integrate the Qt/KDE event
loop in FF's. I don't expect such a thing anytime soon.