[Kde-kiosk] are subdirs not working in cascading conffiles ?

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Feb 16 16:36:36 CET 2005

On Monday 14 February 2005 16:14, Eric DECORNOD wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   We're trying to get kontact with kiosk :
>
>   We made some kmailrc in the global share/config dir (/usr/share/config
> or /etc/kde3) defining smtp server, imap server, we made emaildefaults &
> emailidentities too (with environment vars and shell exp.) and everything's
> working fine.
>
>   The nest step was to define addressbook, calendar, notes and tasks in
> IMAP folders and some ldap address book. So we defined the files :
>   -  kresources/calendar/stdrc,
>   -  kresources/contact/stdrc,
>   -  kresources/notes/stdrc.
>   They are just ignored.
>
>   If we copy these files in $HOME/.kde/share/config, it works...
>
>   It looks like KConfig objects doesn't handle "cascading config files"
> when dealing with sub-directories.

No, I just double checked that but KConfig handles that just fine. Do make
sure that the global files as well as the subdirectory are readable by the
user though.

Maybe the pim developers have something to add to it, I notice that you have
already posted your question there was well. (I was about to suggest that)

bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download
bastian at suse.com  |   http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/eval.html