[Kde-kiosk] are subdirs not working in cascading conffiles ?

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Feb 16 16:44:55 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 16:36, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Monday 14 February 2005 16:14, Eric DECORNOD wrote:
> >   Hi,
> >
> >   We're trying to get kontact with kiosk :
> >
> >   We made some kmailrc in the global share/config dir (/usr/share/config
> > or /etc/kde3) defining smtp server, imap server, we made emaildefaults &
> > emailidentities too (with environment vars and shell exp.) and
> > everything's working fine.
> >
> >   The nest step was to define addressbook, calendar, notes and tasks in
> > IMAP folders and some ldap address book. So we defined the files :
> >   -  kresources/calendar/stdrc,
> >   -  kresources/contact/stdrc,
> >   -  kresources/notes/stdrc.
> >   They are just ignored.
> >
> >   If we copy these files in $HOME/.kde/share/config, it works...
> >
> >   It looks like KConfig objects doesn't handle "cascading config files"
> > when dealing with sub-directories.
>
> No, I just double checked that but KConfig handles that just fine. Do make
> sure that the global files as well as the subdirectory are readable by the
> user though.
>
> Maybe the pim developers have something to add to it, I notice that you
> have already posted your question there was well. (I was about to suggest
> that)

Yes, I think I found your problem, kdelibs/kresources/managerimpl.cpp passes a
full path to KConfig so KConfig will not do any cascading in this case.

For kde-pim developers that are listening:
See ManagerImpl::createStandardConfig() which creates a KConfig using
defaultConfigFile( mFamily ) as argument, which does:
	return locateLocal( "config",
                      QString( "kresources/%1/stdrc" ).arg( family ) );

Cascading would work just fine if the KConfig object was created with only
QString( "kresources/%1/stdrc" ).arg( family ) as argument instead of the
full path.

bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download
bastian at suse.com  |   http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/eval.html