[Kde-kiosk] Strange kiosk problem.

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Aug 16 16:28:29 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 16:12, Prash wrote:
>  I want my custom application to launch first and then the desktop. Is
> that possible? Or if anyone has an idea on how I should get around
> that one-two sec delay.

Do you want the desktop at all? Otherwise you could disable Kicker and
KDesktop from starting in the first place, which should also give what you
want.

I don't have the docs here at hand, but IIRC you should create an
empty .desktop file with the same name as the original that sets
'Hidden=true' under share/autostart in the profile or $KDEHOME.

So, to test, create a ~/.kde/share/autostart/panel.desktop that looks like

[Desktop Entry]
Hidden=true

and a kdesktop.desktop that contains the same. Login as the test user and you
should have no panel or desktop.

PS: Since this is untested, please let us know whether this actually works! :)