[Kde-kiosk] Strange kiosk problem.

Prash getprashman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 16:12:55 CEST 2005

Hi Guys,

I'm running KDE in kiosk mode and covering the entire screen with my
own custom login screen (written in Pygtk). It is just a standalone
application which launches when the mycustomloginscreen.desktop file
gets executed in the Autostart folder when the default user logs in
(timed login). Now the problem is there is a slight one or two second
delay before my custom application loads and during that time the
desktop is available and users would be able to click anything

 I want my custom application to launch first and then the desktop. Is
that possible? Or if anyone has an idea on how I should get around
that one-two sec delay.

TIA