[Kde-kiosk] Turn off Artsd by default on KDE 3.1.3 and removing some kdeutils programs

Jonathan Chen jonachen at cisco.com
Wed Apr 20 19:59:36 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I am wondering how do I disable Artsd sound by default?  I know how it is
done once the user logs onto the KDE server but not by default it off.  Once
the user logs on the server, kde create the file below

/home/username/.kde/share/config/kcmartsrc

And either you do via kde control panel or vi the above file to have sound
off.  But I would like artsd to be turned off since its on server and kde is
access via remote.

Also what's the best way of removing some of programs in the kdeutils
package like "Floppy Formatter?"

I know it's a kde-kiosk type of question but I would like to send to general
list too for wider help.

Thanks!