[Kde-kiosk] API for editing KDE configuration files

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Apr 19 14:23:16 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 11:53, Taru Jain wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to manipulate the KDE configuration files in order to
> lockdown some settings or to change the value of some keys. I am aware
> that kiosktool allows to manage profiles graphically and KConfigEditor
> allows to edit the values of the keys.
>
> I would like to know is there any API or command line tool available
> which can be used for manipulating the configuration files? (something
> similar to what gconftool does in gconf)
>
> If this is not the right forum for this query then kindly let me know
> which would be the more appropriate maling list.

In addition to the KConfig C++ class, there are also the
kreadconfig/kwriteconfig commnad line tools. All of these work on the
settings under $KDEHOME though, and none of them support changing lockdown
attributes.

I guess kiosktool could include a command line tool for manipulating setting &
lockdown attributes in profiles.