[Kde-kiosk] API for editing KDE configuration files

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Apr 19 12:09:12 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 19 April 2005 11:53, Taru Jain wrote:
> I would like to know is there any API or command line tool available
> which can be used for manipulating the configuration files? (something
> similar to what gconftool does in gconf)

The API is there: KConfig. That's what you can use from C++ code and most of
the bindings as well.

http://developer.kde.org/documentation/library/cvs-api/kdecore/html/classKConfig.html

A command line tool is not available. Sounds like a good idea though, so if
you have the time to create such a tool it'd be most welcome.