[Kde-kiosk] Locale locked by Kiosk Tool?

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Sep 8 20:01:31 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 08 September 2004 15:03, Erik Forsberg wrote:
> In one of the directories generated by kiosktool, I've noticed a
> share/config/kdeglobals with, among other things, the following:
>
> [Locale]
> Country=sv
> Language=sv:SE
>
> Does this mean that the locale for a user using a kiosk profile is
> locked and set by the kiosk tool?

It's set, but not locked, because there's no immutable flag in the setting.

You should consider this as the default for your users (which usually makes
sense), but users can still override if they want.

> I'm perfectly happy
> with setting the LANG environment variables to determine locale
> settings.

I don't think KDE supports $LANG at all, even in normal non-kiosk
environments. There even is (used to be?) a reason for this, but I can't
remember which. Coolo?