[Kde-kiosk] Locale locked by Kiosk Tool?

Erik Forsberg forsberg at cendio.se
Wed Sep 8 15:03:25 CEST 2004

Hi!

In one of the directories generated by kiosktool, I've noticed a
share/config/kdeglobals with, among other things, the following:

[Locale]
Country=sv
Language=sv:SE

Does this mean that the locale for a user using a kiosk profile is
locked and set by the kiosk tool? I would prefer if that didn't
happen (or at least if it was configurable). I'm perfectly happy
with setting the LANG environment variables to determine locale
settings.

A quick test seems to show that KDE is actually using the locale
settings from the kdeglobals of the profile.

\EF
--
Erik Forsberg                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio AB                    Web: http://www.cendio.com