[Kde-kiosk] SLES9 and Kiosk

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Fri Oct 22 23:54:41 CEST 2004

Hi List,

- I've made a mistake. Just bought SLES9 for an installation as a central
server for a number of clients using the XDMCP protocol. I should not have
listened to the advisors saying: "get the ultra stable SLES9...", I should
have gone for the standard SuSE9.1 distro. But, I learn :-)

- The KDE version in SLES9 is KDE 3.2.1 - and kiosk requires KDE 3.2.2 as far
as I know.

- Now what? If I try to do an update using a pile of KDE3.3 rpm's, I land in
dependency hell.

- Has anyone got a suggestion as to how to get (at least) KDE 3.2.2 on a SLES9
box, - or where do I find the missing libraries (libjack.so.0 etc.)?

- If KIOSK KDE3.2.2 (or higher) will not run on SLES9, it's not catastrophic
though.  I'll just dump it and setup a standard SuSE9.1 :-)

- Any help is greatly appreciated!
- Thank you in advance!
--

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards