[Kde-kiosk] General help

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Fri Oct 22 17:18:33 CEST 2004

On Friday 22 October 2004 16:49, Paul Higginbotham wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but we're setting up a kiosk for the first time and
> I've never used the tool before. The help file is not there,  (SuSE 9.1)
> and I'm not sure how to set this up exactly. For example, do you set it up
> in the existing profile you wish to lock down, or does creating a profile
> actually create a user account ?

You create a profile in kiosktool, then (with YaST for example) you create a
new user, and then in kiosktool you assign the profile to the user.

Make sure to use the lastest kiosktool instead of the one that comes with SUSE
9.1. Also make sure to adjust your startkde script as kiosktool will tell
you.

bastian at kde.org   |   SUSE LINUX 9.2: Order now!   |   bastian at suse.com
  http://www.suse.de/us/private/products/suse_linux/preview/index.html