[Kde-kiosk] kio_lanrc?

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sun Oct 17 14:54:10 CEST 2004

On Sunday 17 October 2004 14:27, Klaus Weidenbach wrote:
> Heihei,
>
> I am wondering why I cannot use the kio_lanrc config file in a kiosk
> system. I need to set "ShowShortHostnames=true" otherwise I cannot browse
> old Win98 machines. This file seems only to work if it is in the users kde
> homedir and it also don't looks like a valid config file, or? Or is it
> something I need to ask the kio folks? ;) Has someone any ideas about it?
> Thank you very much!!!

I will double as kio guy :-)

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't pick up a global config file. You may
need to add [$i] to make sure a local file doesn't override your setting,
e.g. like:

ShowShortHostnames[$i]=true

Looking closer at kio_lan, maybe it fails to pick up the kiosk profiles
properly indeed. Does it work if you add the setting to kio_lanrc in e.g.
/opt/kde3/share/config ? (Which distro are you using?)

bastian at kde.org   |   SUSE LINUX 9.2: Order now!   |   bastian at suse.com
  http://www.suse.de/us/private/products/suse_linux/preview/index.html