[Kde-kiosk] Hints for use/configuration with Fedora Core 2

Jens Meyer jm at jensmeyer.de
Tue Oct 5 10:29:04 CEST 2004

Hello!

We decided to use kde-kiosk for a small internet-project with teenagers because
we are impressed about the features of the programm.

Unfortunately we have problems with configuration/using with Fedora Core 2
(actual RPMs, KDE 3.2.2). Compilation/installation was successful.

With the user root we generated a new profile and assigned it to a user and his
group. We deleted almost all menu-entries and saved configuration.

Unfortunately there are no results when starting KDE with the restricted user -
all menu-entries are visible.

Are there any general hints or special hints for usage with Fedora Core2?

Thank you,
kind regards,
--
Grüße aus dem Technologiezentrum Dortmund,
    Jens Meyer