[Kde-kiosk] 'not authorized to execute service' when checked disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files

Adrian Malaguti amalaguti at novell.com
Mon Oct 4 17:26:07 CEST 2004

Waldo,

I found a file in  ~/.kde/Autostart, moving_desktop.desktop, it seems to
be the file causing the error, its content is:
[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Exec=default_desktop_aligning
Name=moving_desktop
Type=Application
X-KDE-StartupNotify=false
X-KDE-autostart-after=kdesktop

Categories=
Name[de]=moving_desktop
Name[es]=moving_desktop
Name[fr]=moving_desktop
Name[it]=moving_desktop
Name[ja]=moving_desktop
Name[pt_BR]=moving_desktop
Name[zh_CN]=moving_desktop
Name[zh_TW]=moving_desktop
X-SuSE-translate=true

I moved off the file and the error gone.

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Regards. Adrian.

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 17:50, Adrian Malaguti wrote:
> Hi,
> I created a policy with "Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop
files"
> selected.
> Everything went fine, I logged in a couple of times without problems,
> but then I deleted the testing user home directory and tried to login
> again, home directory is automatically created with pam_mkhomedir, and
> policy was applied but this time I got a popup message with title
"Sorry
> - KDestop" saying:
> You are not authorized to execute this service.
>
> I logged in again, with the same problem,
> I had to deselect "Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files".
> When I did that the problem dissappeared.
>
> I tried to replicate the problem, and in fact, this happens when
> "Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files" is selected.
> The weird behavior is that it only happens if the policy is applied
for
> the first time (new user or new/empty home directory).
>
> Any ideas why it could be happening, how to trace/debug it ?

Tracing is a bit awkward, it should really print the service that
failed.

Can it be that there is .desktop file in ~/.kde/Autostart ? (Or whatever
the
Autostart directory is set to) If so, move it to ~/.kde/share/autostart

bastian at kde.org  |  Wanted: Talented KDE developer  |  bastian at suse.com
  http://www.suse.de/de/company/suse/jobs/suse_pbu/developer_kde.html