[Kde-kiosk] Hints for use/configuration with Fedora Core 2

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Oct 5 12:26:36 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 10:29, Jens Meyer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We decided to use kde-kiosk for a small internet-project with teenagers
> because we are impressed about the features of the programm.
>
> Unfortunately we have problems with configuration/using with Fedora Core 2
> (actual RPMs, KDE 3.2.2). Compilation/installation was successful.
>
> With the user root we generated a new profile and assigned it to a user and
> his group. We deleted almost all menu-entries and saved configuration.
>
> Unfortunately there are no results when starting KDE with the restricted
> user - all menu-entries are visible.
>
> Are there any general hints or special hints for usage with Fedora Core2?

Yes, remove ~/.config/menus/applications.menu, I'm not sure who or what puts
it there, but it tends to mess things up.

If deleting it doesn't help because something keeps putting it back, you can
tell KDE to ignore the directory by adding the following two lines to the
kdeglobals file in your profile:

[KDE Resource Restrictions][$i]
xdgconf-menu=false

bastian at kde.org  |  Wanted: Talented KDE developer  |  bastian at suse.com