[Kde-kiosk] 'not authorized to execute service' when checked disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Mon Oct 4 12:07:56 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 17:50, Adrian Malaguti wrote:
> Hi,
> I created a policy with "Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files"
> selected.
> Everything went fine, I logged in a couple of times without problems,
> but then I deleted the testing user home directory and tried to login
> again, home directory is automatically created with pam_mkhomedir, and
> policy was applied but this time I got a popup message with title "Sorry
> - KDestop" saying:
> You are not authorized to execute this service.
>
> I logged in again, with the same problem,
> I had to deselect "Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files".
> When I did that the problem dissappeared.
>
> I tried to replicate the problem, and in fact, this happens when
> "Disable execution of arbitrary .desktop files" is selected.
> The weird behavior is that it only happens if the policy is applied for
> the first time (new user or new/empty home directory).
>
> Any ideas why it could be happening, how to trace/debug it ?

Tracing is a bit awkward, it should really print the service that failed.

Can it be that there is .desktop file in ~/.kde/Autostart ? (Or whatever the
Autostart directory is set to) If so, move it to ~/.kde/share/autostart

bastian at kde.org  |  Wanted: Talented KDE developer  |  bastian at suse.com
  http://www.suse.de/de/company/suse/jobs/suse_pbu/developer_kde.html