[Kde-kiosk] Activation?

Florian Roth florian at synatic.net
Thu Jul 22 12:17:16 CEST 2004

Hi

I ran kiosktool as root on our 'masterclient' (the computer the image is made
from) in school an modified the default profile. I locked down the proxy
settings, set up some desktop icons etc. Then a wanted to assign the profile
to a group ('users' in this case) so I added a group policy. Here I realized,
that every group exported from out server over NIS was in the list at least
twice. I chose one of the 3 user groups and created the policy.
Ich looked at the /etc/kde* (don't know the exactly name here an my private
computer) file and saw, that the policy was assigned by name and not by gid.
So this should be no problem, should it? But when I tried to test the
settings with several accounts, it didn't work. (Simply nothing was changed).
So I wondered if I had to activate the kiosk features somewhere. Maybe someone
can help.

Greets
Florian Roth