[Kde-kiosk] Classroom control

Christopher Dawkins kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:56:01 +0000 (GMT)

The $KDEDIRS system for setting all my users (currently still testing on a
subset) is working well - many thanks to Waldo - just with $KDEDIRS set to
~kdelock1/.kde/.  There remain a few minor problems :-(

a) Can I remove the "Bookmarks" entry? Partly because I am trying to
   simplify, but also because it crashes kicker.

b) Can I remove the "Configure Panel" entry?

c) Can I remove "Lock Screen" from the system?

d) I have configured a very nice "kcharselectapplet" for user
   kdelock1 but other users get the default kcharselectapplet
   characters. The only way round this seems to be to softlink
   from all user config directories to the one in ~kdelock1
   (this works, but is not elegant).

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex  CM6 3JG
01371-822698, mobile 07816 821659    cchd@felsted.essex.sch.uk