[Kde-kiosk] Classroom control

Christopher Dawkins kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:46:01 +0000 (GMT)

>> But the StarOffice icons remain very reluctant to appear - they
>> appear in some cases and not in others, and I am trying to work out why.
>> On our system they seem to be buried very deep - guess where - in
>>
>> /usr/local/staroffice6.0/share/kde/net/mimelnk/share/icons/

> It surprise me that they appear at all then. Doesn't staroffice require some
> per-user installation step? Maybe it copies them to somewhere under ~/.kde
> during that step?

It does require a per-user step. yes, but it doesn't seem to copy
anything relevant into ~/.kde/share/applnk/StarOffice6.0/ -  but it's
started working now so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

>> Still a problem - I am sure it was possible two days ago - is there
>> something obvious that controls this? I note there are a lot of fractional
>> FreeSpaces there - e.g. FreeSpace=0.315175 - whereas in vanilla kickerrc
>> files the FreeSpace seems to be always 0 or 1.
>
> Can you drag to the desktop or can't you drag at all?

It's started working! I think all that needs doing is you write to me, and
it starts working! So for the moment, all is fine, many thanks.

--
Christopher Dawkins, Felsted School, Dunmow, Essex  CM6 3JG
01371-822698, mobile 07816 821659    cchd@felsted.essex.sch.uk