[Kde-kiosk] Is Kiosk what I need?

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 23:24:00 +0100

On Friday 28 February 2003 19:39, Dylan wrote:
> > > On my user account, I use two different machines, one in my office with
> > > 21" monitor running at 1600x<whatever> and onr in the living room with
> > > 17" running at 1024:
> > > A: Have the desktop metrics reflect the machine I'm on,
> >
> > I do not understand what you mean with this.
>
> on the 21", I need the icons and panel set to large sizes which dominate
> the 17", conversely if I set the sizes to reflect the 17" they are unusable
> on the 21". I noticed that I can use the hostname in the configs, but I
> don't see how I can use that info to effect this behaviour.

Ah, ok, I understand. What you can do is put a kickerrc in
$KDEDIR/share/config on both of your computers and lock the parts that
specify the sizes by putting [$i] behind the keys. E.g.
CustomSize[$i]=58
Size[$i]=2

You will then no longer be able to change these settings but they will be
dependant on the machine you are running.

There are some config options that are being saved indexed with the active
screen resolution, that way you can maintain different settings for different
resolutions. I will have a look to see if I can make use of that here as
well.

bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com