[Kde-kiosk] Stupid question - disabling "file:///" URLs in Konq?

Bill Kendrick kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 02:45:03 -0800

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:29:38AM +0100, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 December 2002 00:24, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > I tried renaming "file.protocol" to "file.protocol-OFF" and restarting KDE,
> > but it didn't help.
>
> Hmm, I assume kbuildsycoca is run automatically when restarting KDE, so that
> shouldn't be the problem.

Huh... so I tried this, and I can no longer browse files or directories
with Konqueror using the file: protocol.

However, the Location: field at the top still auto-fills in directory
paths!

So I can still KIND of browse the file system, by typing, e.g.:

  file:///etc/

And then suddenly the Location: field pops down with all of the various
files subdirectories!  (modutils, modules, modules.conf, etc.)

:^P

Any way to disable _that?_

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!