[Kde-kiosk] Getting embedded Kate back

Bill Kendrick kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Sun, 9 Feb 2003 02:38:00 -0800

So I just upgraded this Kiosk from KDE 3.0.5 to KDE 3.1.

Now, however, rather than showing text/plain files within Konqueror
itself (embedded), it seems to prefer to launch Kate externally.

I was about to ask about this, but then noticed
/usr/share/services/katepart.protocol and the fact that, when the
main file type (e.g., "text", "image", etc.) is highlighted in Konq's
"File Associations" config., that there's an option for whether to
view embedded or externally. :^)

So I guess I answered my own question. :^)  (I'm still posting this,
because I obviously didn't notice this option right off, and figured it
might be a useful fact for others out there... so, enjoy!)

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com                    Was I useful?  Rate this message!
http://newbreedsoftware.com/bill  http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=billkendrick