[Kde-kiosk] More questions KDE 3.1

Miguel Angel Alvarez kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:55:08 +0100

Right, thanks again, Waldo it worked perfectly. Now I have more questions (I
hope my questions and your answers might be helpful for other users as the
HOWTO I am writing is based on my experiences and problems trying to make a
desktop easy to use for users and of course as safe as it could be for an
administrator.

3) I suggested that maybe it would be possible to lock the desktop in a way
that users could not change the order of icons, move them all over the
desktop... Was it finally included as action/editable_desktop_icons=false?

4) When I right click on an icon now appears two options I haven't seen in
the previous releases (Karolina Lindqvist's Debian packages). The options
are Move To and Copy To, how could I disable them?

5) Maybe I am wrong... what is really Konqsidebarng? I mean, when I open
Konqueror by default a bar with several buttons like home, bookmarks,
configure appears in the left side of the window. If it is konqsidebartng,
it is action/konq_sidebartng=false that removes this bar, isn't it?. If I am
wrong and that is not konqsidebartng my question is, which file or KDE
section should I protect to avoid users from putting more entries to that
bar?

Thank you once again!

(I have never written a HOWTO, how would you like me to write it, any text
format?)

MSN. Más Útil Cada Día  http://www.msn.es/intmap/