[Kde-kiosk] Simple Lock down?

Angus Clarke Angus.Clarke at ogl.co.uk
Tue Dec 2 10:33:58 CET 2003

Well guys, thanks for the advice,

It sounds like I am thinking about this the wrong way. Perhaps you may
comment on my goals:

1) To setup terminal window access to run a curses based application
(Konsole will only need to run the app. and exit, - thanks for your
concerns Bill, you are quite right)

2) To give users Internet Access / Email (Mozilla was suggested, simply
because I use it all the time.)

3) Remove as much other functionality as possible.

Using RedHat 9.0 (I know they are abandoning their product range) or
Mandrake 9.1 (Chapter 11 etc.) - I need to use a standard distro. for
familiarity to my support staff.

VNC supporting terminals (Axel 3000 - very good if you haven't seen
them, they use standard PS/2 keyboards/mice and standard PC monitor's)

I don't know how to remove all the applications from the Kpanel (and not
allowing users to re-add applications), removing "right click
functionality" from the desktop etc. etc.

Many thanks

Angus Clarke