[Kde-kiosk] desktop only

Florian Effenberger floeff at arcor.de
Fri Apr 18 15:11:02 CEST 2003

Hi Lubos,

thanks for your fast reply! I tried it out.

ksmserver brings up the panel, which I do not want, so I guess that's the
wrong way for me, unless there's an option to hide/disable the panel.

kdesktop --nofork does not work. I immediately get kicked back to KDM then.

My .xsession file looks as follows:

===
/usr/bin/kdesktop --nofork
===

The .xsession-errors file has the following for me:

===
received an error processing data from the DCOP server!
*** kdesktop (1942) got signal 11
Xlib: No protocol specified

kded: cannot connect to X server :0
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-1964' to 'kded'
ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
Xlib: No protocol specified

kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.
Xlib: No protocol specified

kdesktop: cannot connect to X server :0
ERROR: KUniqueApplication: Registering failed!
ERROR: Communication problem with kdesktop, it probably crashed.
===

I'm no expert on X or KDE, so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,
Florian