[Kde-kiosk] Removed some part of XWindows display according to user profile

Taufik Jaman kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:15:48 +0100

--------------040602070809050204070008

Pffuiihhh........ it is still too difficult for me.... Please tell me
more details if you don't mind.

Is there any documentation for controling, configuring and locking KDE
XWindows ? Can I download it ? How can I learn to write such kind of
script like "kickerrc" ?

Thank you very much.

Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:

>On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 04:20:06PM +0100, Taufik Jaman wrote:
>

>>How can I implement this strategy ? Thank you very much.
>>

>i don't think you need a desktop at all in this case ...
>modify the user's ~/.xsession so it does not contain anything but an
>invocation of xsetroot (for the background) and your application. when
>your application exits, the session will end automatically.
>to do bulk processing, you could modify the global Xsession and put
>there some branch based on the output of "id -gn".
>
>greetings

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

--------------040602070809050204070008

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Pffuiihhh........ it is still too difficult for me.... Please tell me more
details if you don't mind.<br>
Is there any documentation for controling, configuring and locking KDE XWindows
? Can I download it ? How can I learn to write such kind of script like "kickerrc"
?<br>
Thank you very much.<br>
Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:<br>
    <pre wrap="">How can I implement this strategy ? Thank you very much.

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->i don't think you need a desktop at all in this case ...
modify the user's ~/.xsession so it does not contain anything but an
invocation of xsetroot (for the background) and your application. when
your application exits, the session will end automatically.
to do bulk processing, you could modify the global Xsession and put
there some branch based on the output of "id -gn".

greetings

  </pre>
  Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://shopnow.netscape.com/">http://shopnow.netscape.com/</a>

--------------040602070809050204070008--