[Kde-kiosk] Removed some part of XWindows display according to user profile

Oswald Buddenhagen kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:52:14 +0100

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 04:20:06PM +0100, Taufik Jaman wrote:
> How can I implement this strategy ? Thank you very much.

i don't think you need a desktop at all in this case ...
modify the user's ~/.xsession so it does not contain anything but an
invocation of xsetroot (for the background) and your application. when
your application exits, the session will end automatically.
to do bulk processing, you could modify the global Xsession and put
there some branch based on the output of "id -gn".

greetings