[Kde-kiosk] Removed some part of XWindows display according to user profile

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 18:23:52 +0100

--Boundary-00=_o+P59Ck6pTM74iz

On Wednesday 27 November 2002 16:20, Taufik Jaman wrote:
> Dear my friends.
>
> I built a database application for our sales employees. My boss said
> that they (the sales) may not have more than two icons (application
> launcher) on their desktop and also in their "Start Application menu",
> namely : my database application program and the icon for doing logout.

I would remove the start menu altogether from the panel, as well as all other
buttons that you don't need, then add a button for your database application
and the logout applet.

Then lock the resulting kickerrc down with [$i].

If you then copy it to /home/sales/kde/share/config/ then it is only a matter
of adding /home/sales/kde to KDEDIRS when someone from the sales group logs
in.

I have made an example kickerrc, just replace konsole.desktop with a desktop
file that describes your database application.

--Boundary-00=_o+P59Ck6pTM74iz

[$i]

[General]
Applets=Applet_1,URLButton_1,Applet_2,Applet_3,Applet_4
Panels=MainPanel
Position=3

[Applet_1]
ConfigFile=lockoutappletrc
DesktopFile=lockout.desktop
FreeSpace=0
WidthForHeightHint=32

[URLButton_1]
FreeSpace=0.0966667
URL=file:/opt/kde3/share/applnk/System/konsole.desktop

[Applet_2]
ConfigFile=kminipagerappletrc
DesktopFile=minipagerapplet.desktop
FreeSpace=0.467662