[Kde-kiosk] Removed some part of XWindows display according to user profile

Taufik Jaman kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:13:18 +0100

--------------030606080801020207060909

Wow.... you are right man........
That's what I really need now.............

Please tell me how could you know that from ? Is there any documentation
about that ? So next time I can solve my problem with KDE by myself.

I also should learn how to control, configure and locking KDE. Where can
I learn that from ? Where can I download the documentation from ?

I want to remove the console icon on the panel ? How to do that ?

Thank you very much man.....

Waldo Bastian wrote:

>On Wednesday 27 November 2002 16:20, Taufik Jaman wrote:
>

>>Dear my friends.
>>
>>I built a database application for our sales employees. My boss said
>>that they (the sales) may not have more than two icons (application
>>launcher) on their desktop and also in their "Start Application menu",
>>namely : my database application program and the icon for doing logout.
>>

>I would remove the start menu altogether from the panel, as well as all other
>buttons that you don't need, then add a button for your database application
>and the logout applet.
>
>Then lock the resulting kickerrc down with [$i].
>
>If you then copy it to /home/sales/kde/share/config/ then it is only a matter
>of adding /home/sales/kde to KDEDIRS when someone from the sales group logs
>in.
>
>I have made an example kickerrc, just replace konsole.desktop with a desktop
>file that describes your database application.
>
>Cheers,
>Waldo

>[$i]
>
>[General]
>Applets=Applet_1,URLButton_1,Applet_2,Applet_3,Applet_4
>Panels=MainPanel
>Position=3
>
>[Applet_1]
>ConfigFile=lockoutappletrc
>DesktopFile=lockout.desktop
>FreeSpace=0
>WidthForHeightHint=32
>
>[URLButton_1]
>FreeSpace=0.0966667
>URL=file:/opt/kde3/share/applnk/System/konsole.desktop
>
>[Applet_2]
>ConfigFile=kminipagerappletrc
>DesktopFile=minipagerapplet.desktop
>FreeSpace=0.467662
>HeightForWidthHint=87
>WidthForHeightHint=112
>
>[Applet_3]
>ConfigFile=ktaskbarappletrc
>DesktopFile=taskbarapplet.desktop
>FreeSpace=0.467662
>HeightForWidthHint=187
>WidthForHeightHint=208
>
>[Applet_4]
>ConfigFile=clockappletrc
>DesktopFile=clockapplet.desktop
>FreeSpace=1
>HeightForWidthHint=66
>WidthForHeightHint=75

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

--------------030606080801020207060909

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Wow.... you are right man........<br>
That's what I really need now.............<br>
Please tell me how could you know that from ? Is there any documentation
about that ? So next time I can solve my problem with KDE by myself.<br>
I also should learn how to control, configure and locking KDE. Where can
I learn that from ? Where can I download the documentation from ?<br>
I want to remove the console icon on the panel ? How to do that ?<br>
Thank you very much man.....<br>
Waldo Bastian wrote:<br>
I built a database application for our sales employees. My boss said
that they (the sales) may not have more than two icons (application
launcher) on their desktop and also in their "Start Application menu",
namely : my database application program and the icon for doing logout.
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
I would remove the start menu altogether from the panel, as well as all other
buttons that you don't need, then add a button for your database application
and the logout applet.

Then lock the resulting kickerrc down with [$i].

If you then copy it to /home/sales/kde/share/config/ then it is only a matter
of adding /home/sales/kde to KDEDIRS when someone from the sales group logs
in.

I have made an example kickerrc, just replace konsole.desktop with a desktop
file that describes your database application.

  </pre>
  <pre wrap="">
<hr width="90%" size="4">
[$i]

[General]
Applets=Applet_1,URLButton_1,Applet_2,Applet_3,Applet_4
Panels=MainPanel
Position=3

[Applet_1]
ConfigFile=lockoutappletrc
DesktopFile=lockout.desktop
FreeSpace=0
WidthForHeightHint=32

[URLButton_1]
FreeSpace=0.0966667
URL=<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="file:/opt/kde3/share/applnk/System/konsole.desktop">file:/opt/kde3/share/applnk/System/konsole.desktop</a>

[Applet_2]
ConfigFile=kminipagerappletrc
DesktopFile=minipagerapplet.desktop
FreeSpace=0.467662
HeightForWidthHint=87
WidthForHeightHint=112

[Applet_3]
ConfigFile=ktaskbarappletrc
DesktopFile=taskbarapplet.desktop
FreeSpace=0.467662
HeightForWidthHint=187
WidthForHeightHint=208

[Applet_4]
ConfigFile=clockappletrc
DesktopFile=clockapplet.desktop
FreeSpace=1
HeightForWidthHint=66
WidthForHeightHint=75

  </pre>
  Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape! <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://shopnow.netscape.com/">http://shopnow.netscape.com/</a>

--------------030606080801020207060909--