[Kde-kiosk] Removed some part of XWindows display according to user profile

Waldo Bastian kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 16:42:25 +0100

On Saturday 30 November 2002 15:13, Taufik Jaman wrote:
> Wow.... you are right man........
> That's what I really need now.............
>
> Please tell me how could you know that from ? Is there any documentation
> about that ? So next time I can solve my problem with KDE by myself.
>
> I also should learn how to control, configure and locking KDE. Where can
> I learn that from ? Where can I download the documentation from ?
>
> I want to remove the console icon on the panel ? How to do that ?
>
> Thank you very much man.....

You can just play around with your own panel, adding / removing stuff etc. The
panel will save its settings in a file $KDEHOME/share/config/kickerrc (With
$KDEHOME being something like ~/.kde or ~/.kde3)

Just look at this file and see what changes when you mqkes chqnges in your own
panel, it's all quite straight forward.

More info on locking KDE can be found in README.kiosk, available at e.g.
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kdelibs/kdecore/README.kiosk?rev=KDE_3_1_0_RELEASE

Make sure to look at the version that matches the version of your KDE setup
since otherwise it may describe features not yet available in your version.

bastian@kde.org -=|[ SuSE, The Linux Desktop Experts ]|=- bastian@suse.com