[Kde-kiosk] Removed some part of XWindows display according to user profile

Taufik Jaman kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:20:06 +0100

Dear my friends.

I built a database application for our sales employees. My boss said
that they (the sales) may not have more than two icons (application
launcher) on their desktop and also in their "Start Application menu",
namely : my database application program and the icon for doing logout.

The sales do login into our NIS Server from their workstation whose NIS
client in it. I want to put the login account of each sales into one
group named "group" and all of the member of this group have the same
desktop (Microsoft's term : "user profile") that they only have the icon
of my database application and the logout menu, no matter where they do
login from.
In MS BackOffice, I did it very easily...

How can I implement this strategy ? Thank you very much.
http://shopnow.netscape.com/