[Kde-kiosk] KDE File Associations / Star Office

Janyne Kizer kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 16:49:44 -0500

I think that I have the StarOffice 5.2 setup working properly from
/etc/skel.  Basically, I set up a new test id and used the StarOffice
mini-install as usual.  Then I copied the ~/office52 directory and the
~/.sversionrc file to /etc/skel.  The two tricky parts are:

.sversionrc is user specific.  (~ doesn't work)
[Versions]
StarOffice 5.2=/home/$USERID/office52

If this file isn't right and you run soffice, it will start the
mini-install.

The other trick is that if you don't want users to be prompted to
register, make sure that /etc/skel/office52/user/config/oreg.ini is set
to something like "registration=2" (never register)