[Kde-kiosk] KDE File Associations

Martijn Klingens kde-kiosk@mail.kde.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 21:51:49 +0100

On Monday 25 March 2002 18:55, Janyne Kizer wrote:
> OK, this is what I did.  The problem that I see is that it appears that
> each user will have to run a StarOffice mini-installation and that will
> overwrite my changes here and/or override any changes made to
> $KDEDIR/share/mimelnk and $KDEDIR/share/applnk (if I am understanding
> things correctly).  Next thing is to avoid that whole mini-install
> thing.  Thanks again guys!

I think you can do the mini-install once with the proper settings and copy
the whole office52 dir to /etc/skel.

----
martijn@kenny:~/office52 > grep -rl martijn *
instdb.ins
setup.log
user/store/file.scs
user/sofficerc
user/explorer/Werkstation.scc
user/config/rootstg.scs
user/config/rootstg.bak
user/config/javarc
user/config/docmnu.ini
user/gallery/sg9.sdg
----

Most of that seems to consist of actual documents and other auto-created
files like history lists. The only occurence in sofficerc is my real name,
which can of course be preset to "Company X Employee" or whatever.

Whether this actually works, I have no idea. But I guess you could at least
give it a try :-)

Martijn